Monday, November 19, 2007

About Me


my family, with the exception of me. :) parents, 3 brothers and a sister. :)


Name: Razinah Rahmatulla a.k.a Razie
Geography background: Am the mainstream Geog kid who did Geog every step of the ladder up. 'O' Levels, 'A' Levels, Uni.



Teaching Experience: have done alot of relief teaching over uni holidays. have taught English, Music, Geography, Social Studies at both Upper and Lower Sec. so in that sense you can say I have enough experience, for now.



Interests: I am very Malay because i took the language in school. Somewhere along the way I got close to my roots. I am Indian (Tamil, Punjabi & Malayalee) and part of the transition into adulthood has exposed me to relatives I never knew I had who speak languages I don't understand so I'm actually trying to pick up all these languages. I speak Tamil because I grew up with my grandparents who only speak Tamil. So I'm left with Punjabi and Malayalee. It's getting a little tougher because I'm older now and you just pick up languages easier and faster when you're younger. Because I understand Chinese and can speak it somewhat, sometimes I get words mixed up in different languages in my head and I just find myself stopping every now and then to correct myself. WEIRD!



Inspiration for teaching: I come from a family of teachers so this was somewhat influenced by that. I was not inspired by one person or incident per se but I know I just want to be a teacher.
What kind of teacher i want to be: I want to be the loud teacher who is so dramatic some kids hate the sight of you. At least I won't be dying inside surpressing my emotions!



Expectations: I just hope that this course will open up my thinking and guide me on how to teach Geography effectively. As for my tutor, classmates and myself, I just hope we have alot of fun working together!

No comments: